South Texas College and Arizona State University Unite for Seamless Transfer Experience
New student transfer pathways develop with MyPath2ASU Collaboration
South Texas College has announced a new partnership with Arizona State University. The MyPath2ASU allows students to take the steps needed, at the start of their college experience, to successfully plan their transfer to ASU, ensuring a smooth transition process and student success.
South Texas College has announced a new alliance meant to provide a seamless transfer experience utilizing the MyPath2ASU program developed with Arizona State University.
MyPath2ASU refers to a set of customized tools available to transfer students from accredited, U.S. regional institutions. The tools ensure a seamless transfer experience to ASU after earning credits or an associate degree from a U.S. community college or university, shortening the time to degree completion.
“We are very excited to launch our new partnership with Arizona State University,” said Dr. Kelli Anne Davis, Director, University Relations, Transfer & Articulation Center at South Texas College. “This agreement is a result of the request of students and the work of the Department of Engineering who initiated the conversation with ASU.
“This agreement will provide more than 400 new pathways to baccalaureate degree attainment at ASU after students complete their studies at South Texas College” Davis said. “Students will have the opportunity to either continue their studies online or attend ASU in person.”
MyPath2ASU allows students to take the steps needed, at the start of their college experience, to successfully plan their transfer to ASU, ensuring a smooth transition process and student success.
Through the partnership, students using MyPath2ASU will find their transfer experience simplified.
They will have access to personalized benefits to help them navigate the transfer experience, to include:
• End-to-end learner navigation through course-by-course guided pathways
• Ensure course applicability by assisting students with taking courses that apply to their associate and ASU bachelor’s degree
• Guaranteed general admission to ASU and admission into MyPath2ASU major choice if all requirements are satisfied; Some majors have additional or higher admission requirements
• More than 400 course-by-course guided pathways into immersion and online ASU degree programs
• Self-service, degree progress tracking through My Transfer Guide to minimize loss of credit
• Connected experience through personalized ASU communications to prepare academically and build a connection to ASU
ASU and South Texas College will work collaboratively to promote educational degree pathways containing ground and online course offerings. These pathways will ensure their courses are applicable toward their degree in their chosen major and minimize credit loss.