STC on-campus fall classes to shift online for first two weeks
South Texas College in-person classes to be held online for two weeks as COVID-19 cases increase. STC will continue to follow CDC guidelines and update its protocols through the college’s main webpage.
South Texas College Safety Committee is dedicated to the health and safety of our employees and students. With the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines, STC will continue to follow these protocols across all campuses.
In recent cases of the COVID-19 and Delta variant spike, South Texas College has implemented the following safety measures to help mitigate the spread:
- The Fall semester begins Aug. 23, 2021. Face-to-Face courses offered on STC campuses will meet online for the first two weeks of class. At this moment, Face-to-Face courses are expected to resume on-campus instruction on September 7, 2021.
- Dual Credit courses taught at the ISDs will continue to meet face-to-face as planned unless otherwise determined by the ISD.
- Enrollment for on-campus face-to-face courses is reduced to a 70% capacity. However, face-to-face sections of a large enrollment will be converted to an in-person hybrid model to increase social distancing in classrooms.
- The Governor’s order does not allow public institutions to mandate the use of face coverings; however, South Texas College strongly encourages the use of facial coverings.
- The Governor’s order does not allow the college to require individuals to get vaccinated; however, the college strongly encourages individuals to get vaccinated.
Additionally, the college announced a Vaccine Clinic for students, faculty, staff and the community at the Pecan Campus for Monday, Aug. 16 and Wednesday, Aug. 18. The vaccination schedule is located on the college’s main webpage and social media.
- Prior to arriving on campus, employees and students must self-screen themselves daily for new or worsening symptoms related to COVID-19.
- The college continues to follow daily routine cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surface areas.
- Social distancing is strongly encouraged throughout STC’s classrooms and facilities.
The College Safety Committee meets on a regular basis in an effort to discuss and stay abreast of the most current trends and news regarding the pandemic and to relay the information to the College community.